Wanting to survey what the current state of the art in Rails Ajax development is, I asked this question on twitter:
I got a lot of great responses! 44 last time I checked. Here's what I found out people are doing:
* "JQuery templates":http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.template/
* Hitting RESTFUL endpoints and responding with JSON data to be manipulated on the client
* Using "backbone.js":http://documentcloud.github.com/backbone
* Rendering partials and updating elements on the page with their raw content (the original old-school Rails way of doing it)
* Use "SammyOnRails":https://github.com/mrb/sammyonrails
What do you think? What did we miss?